Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My crazy week

Well, I feel like I'm finally coming up for air. :)

The legislature adjourned Wednesday, March 5th at midnight. So Wednesday was a very long work day for me (it was also my last day of work). It began with one of the Legislative interns proposing to his girlfriend on the House floor. I helped coordinate the media for that (including this story on ABC4) and take pictures of the very touching proposal. Then the rest of the day was spent coordinating last minute press questions, running what turned out to be a very heated press conference, and writing the accomplishments of the session in a press release.

Emily, the Speaker's assistant, and my new BFF, was in charge of a last night party which included "roasting" the Majority and Minority leadership playfully. It was a lot of work and I helped write the jokes and think of funny stuff to give the legislators. The funniest thing give that night was from the Democrats, who are the minority in Utah. They poked fun at the fuss over Mitt Romney dropping out of the presidential race by gifting everyone with "What Would Mitt Do?" buttons.

We finally went home that night around 2 a.m. The next morning, I reported for babysitting duty at 7:30 a.m. to tend the W's for 4 days. They have 4 adorable and well-behaved children (ages: 7, 6, 4, and 11 months) but 4 days with 4 kids is still pretty tiring!

I also squeezed some fun nights out which Johnny took full responsibility for all 4 kids so that I could get away. I went to my darling friend, Dana's bridal shower at the most incredible historic mansion in the Avenues right across the street from my elementary school, Lowell. It was so fun to be in this house I'd always imagined about and super fun to be with Dana and all her fun girlfriends. Then Friday night, Catherine and I went to the Rascal Flatts concert! It was amazing!! So much fun! They are so talented, of course, but we were blown away by their fiddler! INCREDIBLE!

So I've had an action packed week, and I'm just now getting my life back together. I have some time on my hands now that my job is over so I'm looking forward to getting my house clean, cooking dinner more often, and getting ready for summer school.

I cannot for the life of me find my camera's mini-USB cord, so hopefully I will soon, so I can download the MONTH's worth of pictures, soon!

2 comments:

  1. I miss you at the Capitol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, it sounds exhausting to be a grownup.
    I'm in awe that you can write political humor, Cody told a political joke last night and I only pretended to get it.
    *sigh*
    I'm pretty sure it would have been funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!