Friday, March 21, 2008

John is 30!

First- Thanks so much for all of your comments on yesterday's post. We are so lucky to have you in our lives!

Now- Happy Birthday, John! I schemed about taking John away on a romantic trip just the two of us... but he couldn't miss work. I contemplated throwing him a surprise party with all of his friends from all his past lives... but realized I'm much more of a party person than he is. I finally broke down and asked him what he wanted to do for his big birthday and he said simply, "I just want to be with you." At first I resisted his simple request, worrying that if I didn't do something big for his 30th that we would look back and regret missing the opportunity. But then I came to my senses and realized how sweet of a request that is! All he wanted for his birthday was to hang out with his wife. Could he be any more darling? Impossible! So we spent the whole day together and it was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:53 AM

    What a sweetie! Happy Birthday John!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!