Friday, March 28, 2008

Sick... just let me die...

Despite some TLC from Johnny, drinking gallons of water, swallowing handfuls of pills and vitamins, I am still sick. Yucky. I have the worst sore throat, swollen glands, headache, body aches... why am I up writing this? I'm going back to bed. Achoo! I just sneezed on my keyboard...ew. I called the doctor and told them I think I'm dying of mumps and cow pox and the plague and maybe I need a strep test. That was at 9 a.m. and the first time they could squeeze me in was at 6:15 p.m. I hate this health care system. I killed time between doses of Chloraseptic throat spray and Advil by watching back to back reruns of Charmed. Man, Shannen Doherty was a b***h! And Alyssa Milano dresses pretty slutty. I love it! I also love Angie Harmon's smoky, sexy voice on Law and Order. *Groan* I'm dragging myself back to my (boring) bed again.

*Edited to add: I went to the doctor and I have strep. He gave me antibiotics and recommended popsicles and margaritas. Mostly margaritas. I wish.*

7 comments:

  1. Ugh! get better, barb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh barb. I am sorry. I hope you got something that helped. I've been some what sick for 3 weeks. I finially got a Z pack and its actually helping. Let me know if i can bring you anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icky, don't sneeze by the computer because I'm bound to catch it. FEEL BETTER!! P.S. Sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:29 PM

    Get well soon, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb I just got over that! I am sorry, its horrible! Mine went away faster than I thought it would so hopefully yours will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry that you have been sick, I hate being sick...I hope you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED Charmed. I know it was a little corny, but I really enjoyed watching it. I really like Shannen Doherty too, weirdly.

    Have you watched Women's Murder Club? Angie Harmon's in that. It's a fun show...although I guess maybe the writers' strike interfered with it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!