Thursday, March 06, 2008

Blogging baby names

Check out Swistle answering my question about name incompatibility on her new blog, Swistle: Baby Names.

I'd love to hear how you chose the names of your children, what inspired your name or other name-related topics. I'm obsessed with names and their meanings.

I was the first girl in my family and my mother named me after her twin sister, Barbara. My middle name, Lynn, is my mom's other sister's middle name.

While we are on the subject, have you seen the Baby Name Wizard?? They have this tool called the Name Voyager that is so cool (and Johnny says the programming technology behind it is really cutting edge.) It will tell you how popular a name has been through the past 100 years. Love it.

5 comments:

  1. Are you picking out baby names?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. we picked isabella cause we like it but decided to call her ella because that is what my great grandma went by. her middle name is jo just like mine. named after my mom, grandma and great grandpa. charles richard was easy because it is both of our dads names plus my great grandpa snelgroves name kind of (his was charles rich)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm picking out names for my future babies... whenever they may come. I'm thinking 2012...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb...re: initials. I have siblings with the initials WET and BLT. WET hated her initials and swore that she'd never do the same to her children...until she realized her oldest child's initials were ARF. There's also an atty at work who decided that he had to use his middle initial "H" because he couldn't be BM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a really cute girl name picked out---and then we noticed the initials were BJ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!