Friday, June 05, 2009

Charlie-10 weeks



This week Charlie has really been concentrating on reaching and grabbing for his toys while in his swing, car seat, or bouncer.

He's loved being outside- whether on walks in the stroller, hanging out on a blanket in the front yard waiting for Daddy, or having backyard barbeques with friends.

We're pretty sure he has allergies and has since he was born. He's always been sneezy and a snuffly breather. This last week, he seems worse. It's hard to gauge how he feels but we use our own allergic reactions as a guide- both John and I have been really miserable with seasonal allergies! Poor baby!

Charlie is still a little "talker" and smiler. He's so pleasant and fun- he's started smiling for other family members and even complete strangers now, instead of just Mom, Dad or Grandma.

He's slept through the night a few more times since he first did it. I think he'll really get the hang of it soon!



We didn't take Charlie's picture until it was almost bedtime. He's modeling his nightgown for you! (Those nightgowns used to have six inches of spare room at the bottom- now his feet poke out!)





We took these while waiting on the front lawn for John to get home from work. Charlie is wrapped in my old baby blanket! Both John and I have saved our childhood blankies and now Charlie has them.




I finally took a picture of John rocking Charlie to sleep. Every night since Charlie was born, John makes sure that they spend this special time together. Charlie gets wrapped in his swaddle and Johnny walks around the house with him (yes, straight up like that!) until he's asleep.

7 comments:

  1. Does everyone tell you that Charlie looks just like you, Barb? He is darling, and just a mini "you"! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mini Barb! This first picture reminds me of the one of you when you were in that long pink dress. Wow, I have never seen him look so much like you, What A Cutie!!! He is so cute that I see him and start laughing cause I love it! You look great too Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with the previous commenters...Charlie most definitely looks like you. Especially in that top picture. And boy is he growing. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, I completely love this! I am sooo in love with Charlie! The kid is an absolute babe!! Good work mommy and daddy! He is a complete success at 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute, I remember when Owen was around 10- 12 weeks I started thinking "ok I think I am starting to get the hang of this!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is so sweet! I love the snuggle with daddy pic!! It is so fun to see our men just melt huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top pic is priceless! What a cutie pie. Oh and the nightgown. Those are my favorite! Steve would get mad everytime I put my boys in those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!