Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Bringing the fun to us...






It's hard to have a social life once you have a baby. Between the feeding and napping schedules, getting myself ready, staying on top of the dishes and laundry, and having a conversation with John every day, there usually isn't much time left for anything, let alone an outing.

I've learned that sometimes it's easier to bring the fun to us instead of going out somewhere. Last weekend we invited our families over for a BBQ. I'm so lucky- not only do John and I get along with each others' families, the two families often socialize together!

It was a fun night hanging out on the patio in the cool weather. John barbequed a flank steak, Lily played on the swing, Baby James met Aunt Anne for the first time, Charlie was cuddled by Grandma Sue, Kerry helped Grandma Bev crochet the edge on her afghan, Sam took a nap on the couch, and everyone ate and chatted- it was a great night.

2 comments:

  1. When I first saw the second picture, I was thinking, "Who is that big baby Sue is holding?" Then I realised that is Charlie and the little guy is James! I can't believe how much he has grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:55 PM

    That sounds like fun. I can't believe you are able to even DO the laundry at this stage. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!