Friday, January 30, 2009

My great family

Lily and Sam (and Steve and Kerry) came over for dinner on Sunday. Lily was decked out in her Tinkerbell pj's, but Sam was wearing a little suit! He looked so sharp and so grown up. Kerry told me that he requested a church outfit with a jacket like the grown up men wear, so she obliged and bought him his dapper new duds. Sam's main interest was playing the Wii and he patiently taught his mom the ins and outs of Lego Star Wars (he's much better than many of the adults present were.)



He also found his Iron Man shades (which looked very Tony Stark-ish with his suit) which he further accessorized with his "Mace Windu" lightsaber.



Lily was content to eat some cereal and read a book. She is talking so much more these days- more vocabulary and better diction. She is growing up so fast! She kept bringing me toys and telling me all about them. She found a Raggedy Andy doll and brought it to me to ask what it was. I told her it was Raggedy Andy. She said, "Oh, I'll go get Raggedy Nate." (Nate and Andy are brothers who are Sam's friends- they are practically one word: AndyandNate).




Both kiddos were very sweet that night, especially to Aunt Barbara (my mom's twin sister). She was in the other room because she didn't feel well and hadn't been with the group much. Both kids separately sought her out on their own to give her hugs and talk to her and just spread their little joyful natures.

I have such a great family.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!