Friday, May 09, 2008

Lip service


Not only have I always loved lip gloss (or "lippie" as we called it in high school), I seem to collect it! I have tons!! Metalia wrote a post about her addiction to lip gloss and it sparked a memory for me. I used to buy the same lip gloss as a girl who I knew had kissed a crush of mine (who shall remain nameless) in high school (*you know who you are). It was Lip Smackers Pear-a-dise. It was pretty, shiny, and smelled and tasted good. More importantly for me, however, was the possibility the lip gloss that had actually touched his lips would magically guarantee that he would gravitate my way and find MY lips irresistible. I probably don't need to tell you how that particular story ends (hint: my lips remained untouched until well until my senior year). Even though I wasn't able to lure that particular boy with my sparkly lips, my love of the gloss wasn't happily wasn't harmed.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I never got into lip gloss, although I think it's very cool.

    I've heard of other people collecting lip gloss, which is such an interesting thing to collect!

    Neat post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...pear, huh? Who wore pear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I totally did magic like that, too! Never worked, but I kept trying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!