Sunday, May 04, 2008

In-church entertainment

Lily joined us today for church. She had already been to 3 hours of church earlier in the day, and then Grandma picked her up and brought her to our last hour, which for us is sacrament meeting. She was very well behaved, especially when I found a little card for her that had a picture of Jesus. "JESUS!" she kept exclaiming loudly. The real kicker came when the bishop (who happens to be her father) got up and began talking at the pulpit. Lily stood up on my lap, pointed at him and yelled, "Jesus!" Well, hmmm, not quite. Then, a sweet little old lady got up to speak and she, too, apparently reminded Lily of Jesus. She just really wanted to think about Jesus, I guess.

Later, Sam and Lily played for a while and after dinner, Steve (daddy) came to take them home. When I was helping get the kids buckled in, I saw a piece of ribbon that I swiped. I put it on my forehead and waved goodbye to them as they backed out of the driveway. Steve rolled down his window to let me know what Sam thought of my improvisation. He said, "Daddy, I think Barbara looks more like a non-ja." Four years old, people, and he's making up puns.

(A little photo evidence of my nerdiness that my nephew called me on.)

2 comments:

  1. How funny! Hey, thanks for the sweet card...you're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:16 AM

    Oh boy that's cute. Kids say the darndest things...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!