Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween 2009

I really wanted to do a group theme for our family's costumes this year but could not decide on what to do. Eventually, we ended up as Dorothy, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz and I loved how our costumes came together.


On Friday, we hosted a party at our house. I tried to get pictures of everyone's costumes but I know I missed a few people! This was our first big party since having Charlie and it was a lot of work and really hard to juggle hosting duties, taking care of Charlie and snapping pictures. Luckily, my sister-in-law Kerry entertained Charlie for the first hour of the party. I would have been lost without her! We made it a potluck which helped lower the stress level, too.


Carley (chicken), Spencer (tiger) and Bart + Michelle (Construction worker and Hazard Cone). Funny moment: Bart was holding a tray of breadsticks and I cleared a spot on the table for him to put it down. He had to ask me to put it down for him because he couldn't bend his arms in his costume!
Quinn + Kristi (baseball coach (giant gut not pictured) and player)


Jesse, Brynn + Gavin (fire hydrant, dalmatian, and fire fighter)

Cody, Casey and Addie (dalmatians and Cruella DeVille)

Lindsey, Hailey and Tommy (Queen of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter)

Breea and Dave (80's rockers)

the gals


Liz and Steve (Jelly fish and Tornado) (Steve had little toy trucks and buildings tangled all over him, hilarious!)


Lily and Steve (Tinkerbell and Cowboy)


Sam (Venom from Spider-man)

Jeris and Suzanna (Biggest Loser contestants)


Apparently, the Wizard of Oz theme was a popular one this year. It was fun to see everyone's interpretation!

Melanie and Bronco (Dorothy and Scarecrow)

The Dorothys (Melanie, Barb, and Andrea)

Maren and Ben(Balloon Boy)

My decorating attempt. For those of you familiar with my family's history on Halloween decorating, this was definitely the "lite" version. I missed my mom and dad's panache and flair for the dramatic this year!

On Halloween night, we put out a bowl of candy for our usually scant showing of trick-or-treaters (it was still mostly full when we got home!) and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa T's house (where they had 90+ trick-or-treaters!)

We had fun visiting with each other, watching the U game, and playing Beatles RockBand.

McKenzie as a Goddess

Emily as a Genie

James the little Froggie

Charlie the chubby skeleton with Auntie Chelsea


Intensely focused on RockBand

We had a good time for Charlie's first Halloween and continued creating traditions for our family!

6 comments:

  1. I just love when families dress alike for Halloween. What a fun and festive evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Halloween and what a fun party! We're REALLY sorry to have missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun party! Thanks again for planning and hosting it, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart for choosing only the best pictures to post . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb...we had a great time!! Thanks for putting the party together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is the best Halloween post ever!!
    Did I meet you at the pioneer woman book signing? I hope so!

    vanessa from inevergrewup.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!