Friday, July 11, 2008

Photographers I Love

I've been playing around with my new camera and learning more about photography. I am excited to take a photography class this fall at school and hopefully learn how to use my camera to its fullest potential. These are some incredible photographers that I admire and from whom I am constantly learning.


photo by Bethany Madison

Bethany Madison- A friend from my neighborhood, Bethany just finished her degree in photography from BYU. She's traveled the world to hone her craft and I was honored to have her photograph our temple sealing.

Emily Hawkins- A friend from high school, she photographed my sister's wedding and my wedding when she worked at Silver Pelican Photography (which has a ton of great photographers like Logan and Britta) and she's incredible. You can see some of her work on her personal blog.


Anne Spencer
(Annie to me) married my cousin, Tom, and she's a welcome addition to the family. She has a talent for portraiture- check out her series, "The Women of Rock and Ice." She's tough, too- she and Tom met while they were both river guides in Moab.

Nicole Hill, a very talented local photographer, studied at the acclaimed Brooks Institute, photographs for Rubberball, teaches classes, and writes the delightful blog, A Little Sussy.


Adam Barker is a friend from my ward who is a hardcore photographer and skier. He often combines his two loves, capturing some amazing skiing shots in the Utah powder. He has exhibits around Salt Lake City every now and then showcasing his beautiful scenic photographs, so keep your eyes open for his shows!


Anna Wheeler
, of Anna Page Photography, divides her time between Utah and Wisconsin. She has a great eye for composition.


Jonathan Canlas
is a film photographer and teaches a workshop entitled "Film is Not Dead." You can see his b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l images here.

Kate Benson, another local, creates unique images for every client, yet still retains her special flair.


Rebekah Westover
is fun and hip and although I've just recently discovered her work, I love it already!

Paolo Liloc is a "playtographer". He embraces life fully and expresses himself through many mediums, including photography.

1 comment:

  1. You should check out Dallas Graham. He's this amazing guy who lives in my building and is currently doing a project where he is collecting the images and experiences of the people who come through his studio. He's one of those amazing people who has so much energy and it just explodes in his photography! http://montage-creative.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!