Monday, June 23, 2008

Reading, writing, 'rithmatic

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

Even though I'm back in school and it's KILLING me (I am out of school shape, apparently), I am enjoying reading A LOT again. I've found that when I read for school, it makes me want to read everything! I make time for extra curricular reading, too. So, here's some of the great books I've been enjoying already this summer.

-A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl
-Extras by Scott Westerfield
-Disgrace by JM Coetzee (this one was for school)
-Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda George


I have loved using Goodreads, as well. It's an online tool to keep track of the books you have read, are currently reading, and want to read. You can add me as a friend and we can share books and reviews with each other!

What are you reading this summer?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:17 PM

    I love that you are loving reading honey! I need to get on goodreads. I have lists of books that I want to read and I take it with me to the library, but they are all the "great literature" types so it's good that I am able to see what you recommend that is more current, cuz Amy Tan has only written so many books, and I am running out...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!