Monday, June 23, 2008

If you are a Red Utahn, you'd better vote tomorrow!!


I have been very involved in politics the past two years. So involved that I barely had a life outside of them. This year, I am not a professional campaigner. Rather, I am a concerned, civic-minded, active citizen.

In Utah, the Republican primary is tomorrow. It is also "closed", which means you must be a member of that registered party to participate. So this is for my readers that fit in that mold. (That's where I find myself for now, but I SERIOUSLY doubt I will be a registered Republican beyond tomorrow.)

So many races this year will come down to a few votes!! Your vote will really make a difference! The polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. If you are unsure of your polling location, visit the Lt. Governor's website or for those of you in Salt Lake County the Salt Lake County Clerk's website.

The one race that I am passionate about it that for State Treasurer. The candidate I am supporting is Richard Ellis. He is honest, dependable, and has 22 years of experience- traits I value highly in an office that deals with my tax money!! He is currently the Chief Deputy Treasurer, so he understands the job well.

He is endorsed by Ed Alter, current State Treasurer, Governor Olene Walker, and Governor Norm Bangerter. He is also endorsed by Representative Gordon Snow, Majority Whip of the House of Representatives. When I was working for the Majority Caucus this past legislative session, I was very impressed by Representative Snow's integrity. He often was the voice of reason and his endorsement speaks very loudly to me of Ellis' qualifications for this office.


I hope you will all exercise your right to vote tomorrow! Please don't take this right for granted! There is nothing sadder than living in this wonderful country and NOT using every advantage we have available to us!! GO VOTE! The lines will be short tomorrow because the primary is (sadly) under attended. Even if you have little kids at home, and it is hell to pack everyone up and drag yourself there, I promise you will earn blessings in heaven or good karma or whatever you believe in if you make the effort!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh we will! Thanks for your nice comment Barb! Hopefully we can meet soon and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I think I will go vote tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yer so politiklee smart.
    I admire you.
    GO VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think nonpartisians need to come up with a color. What do you think? Purple? Fuscia? Canary Yellow? Must think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas! I'm sure it just slipped your mind since you don't live there (and it's obviously too late now) but you should have included a line with a personal attack on Rep. Chris Buttars (R). I can do it for you (next time), if you like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!