Monday, June 02, 2008

Blogging drought

Forgive my absence from the blogosphere. A few things have kept me a little busy.

-Babies. Not my babies (fortunately? Unfortunately? Jury's still out) but those of my dear friends. Three new little ones were born in my ward this month (mommies are Jessica Brinton Alldredge, Allison Okland Varner, and Michelle Middleton Lowe), and my dear friend Al is having one next month. We threw a baby shower for her at my house and had a lot of fun. (Uncharacteristically, I took no photos.)

-Girls Camp. I am Girls Camp Leader for the 5th time and we have camp this weekend. This involves planning meals, certification requirements, crafts, service projects, packing lists, medical releases, games, spiritual themes, and so much more. I am tired just thinking about it. Luckily, Catherine and Kristy are the other camp leaders, so I'm not on my own.

-School. Blech. Summer school is the worst. It's a whole semester's worth of work squeezed into an 6-week mini semester. I have three more weeks left in this semester, then another 6-weeker after that. I'm barely keeping up with all the reading and writing. Luckily, Dana is in the class, too, and we try to keep each other going strong.

-Movies. Iron Man (A), Prince Caspian (A-), Indiana Jones (B-), and Sex and the City* (B-)

-Family. We had 4 birthdays to celebrate, Mother's Day, an Eagle court of honor, a family portrait, re-roofing a sibling's house, gardening for both moms, and some remodeling.

-So You Think You Can Dance. I love it. However, the 2 hour episodes twice a week have turned into quite a time-sucker.

I really think that May is the craziest month of the year, even crazier than December. What's been keeping you crazy busy?

*First R rated movie I have seen in 18 months. It wasn't worth it, WAY too much sex. It really ruined an otherwise great movie.

3 comments:

  1. I love SYTYCD but I agree; I am tired of the 2-hour audition episodes. I'm ready to see some real dancing! And I'm glad to hear someone's opinion about the Sex and the City movie. I really want to see it but I wasn't sure how much sex would actually be in it; good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:05 PM

    Ok, did you REALLY just disclaimer Sex and the City? Love it! And add my baby to the list cuz I'm coming to town tomorrow! I'll be in SL Fri. and Sat. Can you meet up either of those days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm....pretty sure with out you we would die!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!