Monday, February 04, 2008

Miss Utah 2008


Today at the Capitol, Miss Utah 2008, Sgt. Jill Stevens led the House of Representatives in the Pledge of Allegiance. It was fun to see her in person- she really is as down-to-earth as she seems on TV. She competed in the Miss America pageant and although she didn't make it past the top 16, she was "America's Choice," an award given to the most popular candidate by online voters (including me). She's really very cool- she's a nurse and has served with the National Guard in Afghanistan. She has run 12 marathons and was the only one of the top 16 Miss America candidates to wear a one piece swimsuit. I'm glad that such a well-rounded girl is our Miss Utah this year!

9 comments:

  1. She is simply adorable.

    We love Utah.. we're building a cabin in Beaver!!! We've had property there since 2001... finally getting ready to get up there!

    We peel rubber out of Vegas to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here via Moosh in Indy. I was SO proud of our Miss Utah for wearing modest things during the Miss America Competition. I nearly cried when she braved the judges in her full piece bathing suit in a SEA of bikinis. Really, it warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Well, I dunno about all that other stuff, but I sure do like her haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She makes camo look hot.
    Way to rock a one piece girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was wearing huge combat boots, too! This chick is awesome! She stopped by the Senate, too, and somebody thought she should challenge one of the senators to a push-ups contest. She was game for it, but it didn't happen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pagent left me physically sick. What do they base it on anyway? I hope you didn't have to see it. Miss Utah was awesome in any sain pagent she would have won.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Sally! I was horrified by who they chose! They kept saying Miss America was changing this year, but then they chose the exact same kind of superficial, fake girl they always choose! ARGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you watched the pagent and felt the same way I did! Because Miss Utah should have won! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!