Friday, February 22, 2008

Birthdays again!

I probably shouldn't get into this habit, because I would feel horrible if I missed someone's birthday... however, I'm just inspired to do this because my dear little Amy is so far away and the internet is the only connection we have these days!!

Tomorrow is Amy's Birthday, and I just have to give my girl a shout-out! Amy is fun to be around, for sure, but that's not the only reason I value her friendship. She is a loyal, supportive friend; she is a good example to me; she loves her family so fiercely; and she really inspires me to be a better person! I will always remember racing to the H Rock with her on any given evening to watch the sunset, getting loopy at 11:00 p.m., picking up Wendy's fries at 10 in the morning on our way to institute, and watching "the Wonder Years" in our Adolescent Psychology class. I just love this girl! Happy Birthday!!




Another b-day shout-out has to go to my little Susie! (Susie's birthday is on Monday). I LOVE this girl! I'm so lucky that she and Brent are in my ward because I get to see her all the time! She's a stalwart friend who loves me even when I'm wild and crazy! Susie has been a partner-in-crime for late night TP runs, an example of a wonderful wife and mother, and a supportive friend when I need it the most! When I was working on the campaign this fall, Susie invited me and John over for dinner a few times, just to make sure we got a home-cooked meal! She (and Brent) have been such great friends to me and John and I'll never forget some of the heartfelt talks that she and I have had late at night! Love you, Susie! (P.S.- Her baby daughter, Evelyn, may be the most perfect infant on the the face of the planet!)






Also on Monday, is the dynamic Myers duo. I love Heidi to pieces and I think it is so cute that Steve's birthday is the same day! They get to have double the fun!! I remember the good old days of frantically preparing for dances with Heidi and I'll tell you, when you're making a giant balloon arch or decorating until midnight the night before, you find out who your true friends are. Heidi was that kind of friend who stuck it out with you! Since then, she's been so kind and generous to me! I loved being at Heidi and Steve's gorgeous wedding and as I watched their slideshow, I remember thinking how perfectly matched they were! Anytime I get to see Heidi or Steve (or especially Baby Katie, whom I adore!), it is a good day! Happy Birthday, you guys!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Barb! You are adorable to post this. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb, you are so great to always remember me (and Steve). I too think of Susie and Amy every year at this time, Happy birthday to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!