Sunday, February 17, 2008

Husband tag



What’s his name? John Howard Thornton (although for the first three weeks of his life he was Peter James Thornton).

How long have you been married? 2 years and almost one month

How long did you date? 3 years. We got engaged on the anniversary of when we first met.

How old is he? 29 and 11 months

Who said I love you first? John did. He wrote it in Hebrew during church, then whispered the translation in my ear. It was hard for me to pay attention after that!


Who kissed who first? He kissed me first.

Who asked out who first? He asked me to "hang out" first, but I asked him on our first official date (to my sorority's Halloween date night.)

Who proposed? John did. He totally surprised me! He took me to Snowbird, where we first met, for our third anniversary. We exchanged gifts and mine was a new digital camera! I was so surprised by such a nice gift that any thoughts of proposals flew out of my head. I opened the camera box to start examining the camera and underneath the camera was a diamond ring!! Then he got on his knee and proposed!

Who eats more? Johnny.

Who is taller? Johnny is 5'10" and I am 5'6.5".

Who is smarter? I think John is one of the most intelligent people in the world! He really is brilliant! But he always says he thinks I'm super smart, too. John excels at science, math, logic, music, and computer programming (of course). I really only have him beat in writing and other English related fields.

Who does laundry? We both do. We purchased an awesome set of LG washer and dryer and John LOVES to use them!

Who does the dishes? I load the dishwasher and John unloads (in fact, I can hear him doing it right now!)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep on the left but in our first apartment, I slept on the right.

Who pays the bills? Mostly they're on auto-pay, but I'd say I monitor and pay the miscellaneous bills more often that John does.

Who mows the lawn? John LOVES to mow the lawn!

Who cooks dinner? We both like to cook. John for sure loves experimenting!!

Who drives when you are together? It depends. Often John will drive but I will drive if I'm picking him up or dropping him off.

Who is more stubborn? We are both super stubborn. :)

Who is cleaner? We're both a little messy but John is cleaner than I am!

Who has more siblings? John has five (three brothers and two sisters) and I have two (one brother and one sister).

Who wears the pants in the family? Depends on the situation.

Whose parents do you see more often? Well, we live in my parents' mother-in-law apartment so we see my parents fairly often (probably every other day). But John's parents live three blocks away, so we see them about once a week.

Who has more friends? Again, it depends. I am more social than John is, but everyone who meets John instantly loves him! I had more friends on our wedding invitation list but he's friends with all my friends so it's hard to say.


What a fun tag! I love talking about my Johnny! Thanks for the tag, Mads! I now tag Catherine, Kerry, and Jamie.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I have never been tagged and I am actually very excited about it. I will get right on that post...as soon as I finish my homework that's due tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:51 PM

    Yay for barb and john! That is a cute post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!