Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Bloggy!

It's my 100th post!! In the tradition of those who have come before me, I shall enlighten you with a charming and delightful list of my 100 most favey-favorite things (in no particular order, other than what came to mind first)!

1. My Johnny (of course)
2. Gum (I really like gum! Does that make me trashy like Britney Spears?)
3. Good new music finds like Sara Bareilles (thanks Andrea!) or Stars (thanks Tosh!).
4. Scrapbooking (I love everything about it- the paper, the tools, the photos, the journaling...)
5. Rocking out in my car, singing along to the radio
6. Sleeping. My bed. Sleeping in my bed. Sigh.
7. My DVR. (One of the best inventions ever!)
8. the American Flag
9. Rainstorms
10. Reading (pretty much everything I can get my hands on... books, magazines, blogs, cereal boxes...)



11. My niece and nephew, Lily and Sam. I cannot fathom loving any children more than I love these two (although I suspect when I have kids of my own, my heart will burst open with love for them!)

12. Taco Bell
13. Red Bull
14. Traveling to new and exciting places
15. The mountains
16. the University of Utah (I just feel good when I'm on campus... cheesy, I know but I love it there.)
17. Children.
18. Waking up in the morning to find a huge snowstorm has muffled all the sound in the world and covered everything with huge, white snowdrifts.
19. Fresh produce from street stands
20. Sunday dinners with family
21. Boating and waterskiing
22. CANDY
23. A crackling fire
24. Sweaters
25. Flip flops
26. A new pedicure
27. Having someone else blow out my hair
28. Married life
29. Catching up with friends (usually through blogging)
30. Getting letters in the mail
31. Magazines (Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks, Etc., People, Time, Marie Claire, etc.)
32. McDonalds ice cream cones
33. the cello
34. playing games (Scrabble, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, El Nombre, Apples to Apples)
35. night games (like we used to play when we were kids- Kick the Can, Sardines, Tangauer...)
36. Singing in a really great choir (U of U Concert Chorale...)
37. a beautiful garden (like my mom's or my mother-in-law's)
38. Facebook, Blogspot, and all the other little online things I love
39. Barnes and Noble
40. Gap
41. beautiful artwork
42. kissing
43. really funny people (like Brain Regan)
44. having a clean house (never, ever happens)
45. fresh sheets and towels
46. Burt's Bees lip balm (mmm, pepperminty)
47. Bath and Body Works' products
48. DKNY Be Delicious perfume
49. online Scrabble through Facebook
50. swings
51. little baby swimsuit wedgies
52. jelly sandals
53. iChat
54. massages and facials
55. the feeling I get after a good workout (NOT the feeling I have making myself go workout in the first place)


56. my sister, and my 4 (!) sisters-in-law (so far)
57. yearbooks, journals, notes, letters, scrapbooks
58. John's (and now my) cabin, Timpine
59. Snowbird (where we first met and then, 3 years later, got engaged)
60. football games
61. Autumn (by far my favorite season)
62. Children's books
63. watching WWII movies with my dad
64. talking politics and family history with my father-in-law
65. movies that make me cry
66. concerts
67. camping

68. skinny dipping
69. feeling like I've accomplished something after working hard on a project
70. new shoes
71. my brother and my 5 (!) brothers-in-law (so far)
72. Russian
73. ancient cultures
74. history
75. my MacBook Pro
76. great literature that challenges me
77. poetry
78. my lunchbox collection

79. the Salt Lake Temple
80. having deep and spiritual discussions with little kids
81. observing an act of kindness
82. hugs
83. little old ladies and men
84. cool vintage cars
85. recycling
86. firetrucks
87. watching the Discovery and History channels with John
88. So You Think You Can Dance
89. dreaming about the future
90. being organized
91. new markers
92. long showers
93. the internet
94. dancing
95. sitting on the porch
96. neighborliness
97. gift wrapping (I want a whole room dedicated to it, like Candy Spelling)
98. shopping by myself (weird, huh?)
99. Christmas cards (even other people's, when I don't know anyone in the picture)
100. Being happy

6 comments:

  1. wonderful...i prefer to go shopping by myself - is that really wierd??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so! I just usually enjoy it so much more when I'm by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shop by myself too, only because I don't like shopping, and I find it much faster this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on your 100th post. I lovedlovedloved this list. My favorites of your favorites: 13, 16, 18, 39 and 98. Keep blogging girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:00 AM

    lovely, lovely list. I found myself nodding in agreement with many of your favey-favorite things. I know we're blog friends, but do we know each other in real life? (I know that sounds like a cheesy attempt to make a connection, but really...you look so familiar.) Hmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!