Monday, May 17, 2010

Concerts

After a dearth of concert going (that happened coincided with Charlie's first year of life, hmm, funny how having a baby changes your life!) John and I went to five concerts in a month! Our babysitter laughed when I kept calling her to tend because I kept insisting that we never went to concerts.

31 March 2010. Michael Buble.
I bought these tickets for our (my?) anniversary present in January. The weather was horrible, but it was so fun to be trekking through a blizzard with John to get to the venue. Michael Buble was so much fun- his banter with the audience was funny, the sound was pretty good, the band was great, and he sang almost all of my favorite songs. The highlight was the finale- he sang the last verse of the last song completely a'cappella and unamplified. It was incredible! We were in the upper deck of the E Center and we could hear every word he sang!


5 April 2010. Muse.

This was the other gift for our anniversary. Although I enjoyed it as well, it was mostly for John and he loved it!






9 April 2010. Paul Jacobsen and Sarah Sample.
We attended a house concert for these two independent musicians. They both went to East High School and it was so fun to be in a room full of friendly faces. It was a small, intimate setting and which made it really fun! We're hopefully going to be hosting one of these later this summer.



30 April 2010. The Temptations.
John's parents bought the whole family these tickets for Christmas. I am an old soul, for sure, and I was rocking out and singing along. My siblings-in-law were very surprised that I knew all the words to songs they had never heard before.



4 May 2010. Pat Metheny.
Thanks to John's parents, again, we went to Pat Metheny. He's the most incredible musician and inventor (see the crazy guitar below), but there was a really uncomfortable moment when he chewed out (for five long minutes) a guy who was taping the concert furtively. For me, it kind of ruined the whole thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!