Sunday, May 23, 2010

Attention Bloggers!

I'm teaching a class on blogging (my second one, actually) to some women in my ward. I'm looking for some stories about blogging to share with them, specifically about how it has improved your life and relationships or served as a tool to share your lifestyle and/or faith with those who may not be familiar with it.

I am referencing this talk by Elder Ballard (see video below) but I'd like to be able to share some experiences other than my own.

Also, has anyone printed off their blog into a scrapbook/family history book (through Blurb or some other retailer) that I might be able to borrow as an example? (I promise to take great care of it and that there won't be any creepers there to view it.)

Leave a comment below if you have any goodies for me and I will contact you!! (Oh, did I mention that it's this Wednesday?? Procrastinate much?)


6 comments:

  1. Barb!! You will be WONDERFUL!!

    So I LOVE blogging!! Since I don't live by family, it is an excellent way to help them to experience the little details of our lives. (Not to mention to record them for our future reference.) My mother in law has said many times that she is grateful that I have the blog (both for her and for me.) So that's my two cents. Oh, and I'm copying and pasting my text into a shutterfly book. A bit more tedious than blurb, which apparently does it automatically for you, but I've done all my previous books in shutterfly, so I want to continue with that.

    GOOD LUCK ON WEDNESDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister has a bunch of books she's made from blogs. I have one too. Yeah I can totally help. I'm going to SL on Tuesday, so I could stop by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey barb - i've printed out my blog in two blog books and actually used blurb to create memory books for nick's and my grandparetns

    it serves as my scrapbook/journal and i LOVE them!

    you're welcome to borrow them if needed. they're really simple. let me know!

    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. nie nie dialogue (sp?). she gives away SO MANY copies of the Book of Mormon that way... On a more personal note, blogging has kept my family close since we've all started moving to various parts of the country/world. Moving to Ohio worried me because I thought my nephews/nieces would forget us since they were so young when we left. but because pics/videos are posted and updated on our blog so often, and my siblings/parents are good about showing them to their kids/grandkids, even the little kiddos remember us and know us by name (once they start talking, that is...).

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister Kate made a beautiful book from her blog (I have yet to get a book made from my blog) but hers would be a great one to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did this go? I want to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!