Friday, May 28, 2010

The Bright Spots

Today I packed Charlie up with all of his gear- diaper bag, high chair, pack and play, and car seat- to spend the day at Kerry's house while I attended my first blog conference. He was a little sick and this was the longest I'd ever left him. I didn't worry about him too much- he was in Kerry's capable hands after all- but I did miss him and whoa, was the mommy guilt in overdrive.

However, I met people who are actually changing others' lives by their influence. The jury is still out on the conference as a whole, but the bright spots and the source of most of my enlightenment of my day were these ladies: Casey, Loralee, Lindsey, and Kim, who stand for so much every day (read this post by Casey, she says it much better).

They are real, they are talented, they are brave, and they are funny- Lindsey had tears streaming down my face at a funny story involving a shopping cart and nude toddlers.

Thanks for a great day, ladies. I'll see you again tomorrow, hopefully without the mommy guilt, ready to learn more from you.

6 comments:

  1. How fun for you to have a "day out!" We need those every once in a while to remind us how much we love our kids. I'm sure you learned a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were NEEEWD.

    You were my bright spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! i adore you, my new BFF! so grateful to casey for introducing us!

    let's meet for guac soon.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was so awesome to meet you barb! you are so chic and friendly. i would love to hear your honest feelings about the conference; i wasn't able to attend it all, but wondered how it went in general. best wishes to you and that darling boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved those ladies too and meeting you!
    Everyone influences others in different ways, I love how these ladies do it too.
    Also the WHOLE conference was wonderful, sure kinks here and there but I lot of love and endless hours went into it :) Loads and loads. I am sure they will do some things different next year and keep some things the same. A lot of people really put themselves out there just to...yeah, I'll stop now :) But it was great to meet you.

    -Vanessa from inevergrewup.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone for the great comments! I haven't written my follow-up post because I've been sick since last weekend (ugh) but there's a lot more to say!

    @Vanessa, you say a lot of what I wanted to say. A LOT of work and emotional investment went into it. And for me, the second day was a lot more fulfilling than the first. I learned a lot about myself and a lot about the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!