Sunday, October 18, 2009

7 years ago today...

I met this guy.

John in fall of 2002



We were at the University of Utah Concert Chorale retreat at Snowbird ski resort. The weekend was mandatory for every choir member to attend to learn our Christmas music. After checking into the resort, we had dinner before our workshops. I was obliviously laughing and talking with my sister until my friend Amy noticed John's name tag and asked if he was related to a boy we went to school with. He answered that they were brothers. Amy turned to me and said, "Barb, this is Mark's brother." I looked up and saw a very cute, very skinny guy with glasses. I asked him if he was the one who was in King Friday (his high school band that was very locally popular) and spent the rest of the night finding opportunities to talk some more with him. We started dating soon after that night and three years after that day, John took me to Snowbird to celebrate our anniversary where he then proposed.

The night of our engagement, October 2005



We tend to celebrate this anniversary more than our wedding anniversary, probably because the weather is much better in October than in January. We fell in love in the fall and this season brings back those memories for us!

Happy Anniversary, babe!

4 comments:

  1. I remember you coming home that night and telling us about the boy you met. I thought, "Oh, that's the boy she's going to marry then." Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND I WAS THERE! yay. Loved that Johnny boy right from the beginning. Happy day to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a way cute story. Happy engagement anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I so remember this!! I can't believe it was 7 years ago!! Congrats you guys!! You're my very favorite and most adorable little family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!