Thursday, May 28, 2009

Grateful

Today I read a beautiful editorial called A House of God by Kathryn Lynard Soper, over at Segullah magazine and I feel inspired.

Today I am grateful for my healthy body.

I, like many women, have always been quick to notice and point out and remember my body's flaws.

It is too easy to counter any compliment I receive about my physical appearance with a harsh word (sometimes spoken aloud, sometimes just in my head).

Today, however, I will not take such a wonderful blessing for granted.

I am grateful that I have this remarkable body that
breathes and
functions perfectly every day.

I am grateful that I had a healthy pregnancy and was able to bring a
healthy child into this world.

I am grateful that I can walk and sing and dance and run.

I am grateful that I can see my son's smile and hear his baby coos.

In recognition of my gratitude, today I will honor my body.

I will exercise and
eat healthful foods and
hold my perfect baby
in my whole and capable arms.

What are you
grateful for today?


3 comments:

  1. What a refreshing, and valuable thought! Thanks! I'll be grateful for those rolly love handles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I love this article. Thank you so much for sharing it with me!! You are best, your baby looks adorable, I miss seeing you at the Capitol. Please come back next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!