Monday, May 18, 2009

First Mother's Day

We celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday with my family. We went to breakfast at Village Inn so none of the moms would have to cook. Charlie was so good at the restaurant; true, he was being held the whole time by Kerry or Steve or Grandma, but he never made a peep! Lily and Sam were really good, too, and I got the biggest kick out of reading the cards they made for me. (Although Kerry's from Lily was the all-time funniest- Kerry, you should post it on your blog!!)





We gave Grandma Bev flowers for the yard and help planting them. I made these silhouettes for Kerry of Sam and Lily and Grandma Bev bought the frames. I'm excited to make one of Charlie, too.



On Sunday, we went to church (our first time attending all three hours!) and then to dinner at Grandma and Grandpa T's. It was an exciting day- we were expecting a phone call from Sam (who's on a mission in Louisiana) and we were waiting to hear news from Mark and Chelsea who were in labor at the hospital!! We were rooting for a birth on Sunday- Mother's Day and Mark's birthday! It was so fun to talk to Sam on the phone and to honor the mothers in our lives.


My son and his mother


Grandma Sue getting some smiles out of Charlie


My handsome boy with his BIG blue eyes

While we were waiting for dinner, we gave Charlie some "tummy time." As I watched in amazement, he pushed himself halfway up! He's only 7 weeks old!!

Charlie hanging out in the beautiful wicker bassinet that Kate refinished.

2 comments:

  1. I think I accidentally left that card at the restaurant! Which is tragic because it was really funny. (and I was going to post it on my blog, but couldn't find it!) So if you remember anything that was on it, let me know! (I remember that she said "mommy likes to take a baff and go nite-nite" and "spiders on you!" but not much after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These silhouettes for Kerry of Sam and Lily that you made are fantastic! I want you to tell all about how you made them. These pics of Charlie make me laugh so hard, he is so cute! Those eyes and faces that he makes crack me up. What a big boy he is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!