Monday, March 09, 2009

I'm one of them Mormons

I saw the most incredible video today on C Jane Enjoy It. Rachel Esplin, an Eastern Studies/Religion student at Harvard university, was part of a panel on religion at Harvard as the LDS representative (aka "Mormon"). I am very impressed with how wonderfully eloquent she is- she has composure and poise well beyond her 20 years. She gives comprehensive and doctrinally sound answers. I encourage you all to watch this great video- if you are familiar with the LDS church, it will serve as a tool to use in explaining the faith to others; if you aren't familiar with the LDS church, it may answer a lot of your questions. (My favorite part comes around the 12-13 minute region when she talks about Joseph Smith).



Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose - 3. Rachel Esplin from Harvard Hillel on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. I also saw this earlier and really loved it. I wish I was 1/10th as eloquent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. It was really interesting. This girl did a great job but I wish they would have interviewed someone who had been through the temple or someone a little more mature, such as the two people sitting on either side of this young girl. 20 years old. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you barb for sharing this. She did a wonderful job. What a great explanation and a strong force for our belief. I hope that one day I can be this articulate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!