Friday, March 06, 2009

Fictionist


My JohnnyT (my most favorite musician ever) subbing in on the bass with Stu last year


One of life's most joyful things is seeing people I care about succeeding. That's how I feel about my childhood pal, Stuart Maxfield, and his band, Fictionist. As long as I have known Stu (since Kindergarten, yo), he has been a bit of a musical prodigy. He funneled his musical talents into many venues, but the one that seemed to be the most fulfilling for him is that of indie rock musician. He's had several incarnations of bands (System, StuManFu, Good Morning Maxfield) but his latest project really shines. Their sound is unique and full and satisfying to the ear. The Salt Lake Tribune highlighted them here today. They have a concert in Provo tonight at Velour with another of my most favorite local bands, Paul Jacobsen and the Madison Arm. Unfortunately, because I am great with child and all I want to do at night is lie down, I won't be there, but I encourage all of you locals to get there!

2 comments:

  1. I still remember sitting in Mr. Young's 8th Grade Science class and talking about what we want to be when we grow up. Stu looked me right in the eye and said "I'm going to be a rock star."

    Somehow, I knew he would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb - thanks for the shout out for the band. We appreciate spreading the word. Good luck on your birth and delivery! We'll be rooting for you.

    Brittney (and Stu...in spirit)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!