Friday, March 20, 2009

39 weeks



-Every time I call someone, I feel bad that I'm not in labor because I know that I just got their hopes up.

-So far the not wearing shoes and pants thing is going awesome! I am wearing some stretched out yoga pants from Old Navy and rotating through my collection of slippers. I consider it "dressing up" when I put on my slightly less stretched out yoga pants and flip flops.

-Even my maternity shirts are getting a little tight and short.

-Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I had this moment of panic realizing that the Cub will be here so soon and I should be relishing my last moments of not being SOMEONE'S MOTHER. But what to do? There's not much I can accomplish in the next seven days to make my pre-mother life more enriched, so I have been settling for sleeping in, taking naps and generally enjoying being by myself.

7 comments:

  1. What a hot mama you are!!! Cool, our little boys are going to be in the same grade just like we were. BTW I was the only one who voted for Howard.
    Howie Spencer Thornton. Common it has a ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my super stretched out yoga pants from old navy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear my pj pants even when I am not prego. By the way, your hair looks so good in that picture. Good luck! I am excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look super fab Barb! You're going to be such a cute mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sleeping thing is EXACTLY what I give as advice because you will never get that time back. I miss sleeping in more than anything... But you look great and I can't wait to see the final result!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:26 PM

    Naps for sure, and YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
    I always wish I would have learned how to knit on bedrest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are doing exactly what you should be before the baby is born; getting lots of rest! Oh how I miss the days of being able to sleep in.

    I laughed about the calling thing. I remember calling Jesse at work to ask him a stupid question and he actually left a meeting because he thought I was in labor. whoops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!