Thursday, May 10, 2007

Philadelphia and New York, part I

We had so much fun visiting Catherine and Richard this past weekend. We flew into Philly Wednesday night and came back Monday afternoon. It was a short trip, but action-packed!!

First on our agenda was to hit IKEA. There's going to be a grand celebration when our very own branch opens on May 23rd (seriously, I'm thinking of throwing a party in honor of it). My mom, Aunt Barbara and Johnny had never been and we spent about 4 hours there- shopping, eating Swedish Meatballs, more shopping and finally, buying so much we could barely fit it in our rented mini-van!

My mom (a serious furniture bargain connoisseur) could not believe the prices at Ikea!!
I think John's favorite part was eating lunch. The manager's special of the day: Meatballs and Macaroni and Cheese.
John: "I'll have the manager's special." [insert gleeful giggle here]
Me (to burly man server): "That's this man's dream."
Burly server: "No, that's EVERY man's dream."

5 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm so jealous!! Ikea for 4 hours??? DROOOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love IKEA - I go every time I'm in Seattle visiting my parents!! Then I have to buy a new suitcase to bring it all home! Yeah for Utah IKEA!! (since my fam is moving back and I won't have a reason to go to Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are well aware of me and Madelyn's obsession with IKEA. We go almost twice a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun trip!! I can't wait until IKEA in Utah. We should all go shopping together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the sight of blue and yellow letters turns me on. Add meatballs to the equation and who needs a husband?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!