Friday, May 18, 2007

Part V- Longwood Gardens

One of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I visited last time I was in Philly and had to go again and show my mom, aunt and hubby the amazing gardens. It was originally the private estate of the Du Pont family in the early 1900's. As they traveled the world and saw other beautiful gardens, they would return and replicate what they saw. They wanted it to be a public place for all to enjoy. It's gorgeous! They have a HUGE conservatory with dozens of different climate-controlled rooms, an Italian water fountain garden, a topiary garden, an idea garden, children's gardens, a fountain show, tulip garden, rose garden... oh, I could go on! I highly recommend it!

I'm a little teapot...



The hydrangeas were incredible!



Aunt Barbara takes time to stop and smell the calla lilies.



The fam enjoys the Italian water garden.



Johnny illustrating how all the tulips were facing the sun.



Me and Johnny vacationing together (for a change)!

3 comments:

  1. IS EVERYONE SOMEWHERE BETTER THAN WHERE I AM? SHEESH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be in Sao Paulo Brazil, battling traffic to and from work every day for more than an hour at a time...but that might still be better. I kind of like it, in a twisted kind of zen/masochistic/time to reflect while sweating with everyone else way. I just wanted to say, Barbara, that you and Jon may be the cutest couple I've seen in...well...a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hydrangea. And it looks like so much fun, and you two are adorable- as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!