Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Charlie- 18 weeks




Charlie had his 4-month checkup on Monday. He received his second round of immunizations. Having learned from my experience last time, where I dissolved into a puddle of tears after my baby looked at me like I had betrayed him, I had both my mom AND John come as moral support during the injections. I sat across the room on a little kid stool while John held Charlie and mom sat nearby. I couldn't actually see Charlie's face because the nurse was standing between us and that made it slightly easier. He cried for less time than he did at 2 months and I'm happy to report that so did I. :)

Charlie is now 27.5 inches long, which is the 99th percentile for height. He's a little under 18 lbs (I guess my home scale isn't THAT accurate) putting him in the 94th percentile for weight. His head is in the 83rd percentile. We still have a big guy on our hands!!

We've been taking it easy the last few days and I've been enjoying my extra snuggly and sleepy little baby. He is so wonderful.

We've been enjoying every minute with Grandma and Grandpa while they are still here. Including playing in the backyard with Sam and Lily. My parents bought a giant kiddie pool and they love it!




Here's Charlie being loved on by Uncle Steve and his cousins. Lily is getting especially good at posing for the camera. She does a new pose for every shot. She could be a contestant on American's Next Top Model: Preschooler Edition.



In other news, John surprised me with an iPhone! What a lucky girl I am. All these photos came from the iPhone and I'm pretty happy with the quality. The 3G iPhone can also take videos, which I am way excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!