Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Life List

Do you have a life list? I have things I want to accomplish floating around in my head, and I do have some goals written down, but I don't have a "life list." I read an interesting blog today that suggests that everyone needs a life list written down somewhere because the act of writing it down (or publishing it on the web) makes us more accountable to it. The product of that accountability is that things actually start getting checked off the list.
Check out the post from Stephanie Roberts about living out your dreams and setting goals for yourself. She also thought of a cool way to share our lists with each other- she started a Wiki (and in the process, crossed an item off her list!)

Check out this New York Times article talking about it, too!

There's a book on a related topic that I want to read, it's called The Next Thing On My List, by Jill Smolinski. I'm also going to start my own list- perhaps I'll post it on this blog or maybe on the Wiki.

One of my Aunt Barbara's life list items was visting Tiffany & Co. in New York City and we checked it off last May.

1 comment:

  1. i dont even know what a wiki is. i have a life list... i dont know where it is though. looks like i need another one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!