Thursday, October 18, 2007

Five Years Ago Today...

I met John.




We were both in the University of Utah Concert Chorale and had been for months. The whole choir was required to attend a retreat at Snowbird where we had intensive workshops to learn our Christmas music. John ended up rooming with Adam Toronto who he kind of knew from high school. At dinner that night, he sat my table with Adam, Ed Ashton, my sister Catherine, and Amy Young. Catherine and I were laughing and talking and I didn't notice John until Amy read his name tag and asked him if he was related to Mark Thornton, who we had graduated from East with. He said yes and Amy turned to me and said, "Barb, this is Mark Thornton's brother." I thought he was cute and we ended up talking for hours that night. We saw each other in choir every day after that, and Catherine and I would often give him a ride home from school. He got up his courage to ask me to go to an A'Cappella concert with him (Amy and I both went) and then I got up my courage to ask him to my sorority's Murder Mystery Date Night (our first official date). We have been together ever since!

Happy Anniversary, Johnny! I'm so happy we ended up together!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute story! You are a very cute couple and he is so so lucky to have you...hope you are happy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute! Isn't it so nice to finally "find" each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:52 PM

    ...and they lived happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! That's so cute that you had been around each other for a few months but never really interacted. And now you will be together forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. precious! Wow! 5 years ago. I joined concert chorale in the spring. We are old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. John is Mark Thornton's brother?! I didn't make that connection! hehe... Congrats! You guys are cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!