Monday, October 01, 2007

I collect blogs

I have become a little obsessive about reading blogs. It has gotten to the point that I am adding people I barely know to my Google Reader so I can keep updated on their lives. I think at this point, I'm collecting them so that I always have something to read- even if my friends haven't posted in a while, I can always catch up on my friends' friends!!! Maybe it's the voyeur in me, but I just love reading about other people's lives! I also can't seem to be content just checking "my blogs" every few days- no, I check them at least daily! I swear, the satisfaction of blogging for me comes in the reading, not the writing of them. Sometimes I just blog so that I'm contributing to the pool- then I don't feel guilty for just reading all the time.

Am I a total weirdo? Does anyone else out there treat blogging like this???

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Aw barbie! Totally not weird. I am obsessive about checking up on blogs too, even if I don't update mine. You are in good company, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I love checking them- and I admit I do it daily as well! You are not weird to be interested in what your friends are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. I am also obsessed with checking my own several times a day to see if there are any new comments. Sometimes I feel like I have to post new blogs just to get new comments! That probably makes me a little narcissistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession. I don't even know you and normally wouldn't blog on someone's blog unless I know them personally, but felt I should when I read this. I click on anyone's name that leaves a comment on one of my friend's blogs (in this case Heidi Myers).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to narrow mine down from about 200 to about 30 and I still have 169 post to get through.
    gah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!