Wednesday, February 29, 2012

George 5 months

George continues to grow and add chubby girth to his already substantial thighs. He weighs 20 lbs 7.7 oz and wears mostly size 12 month clothing (sometimes 9 months, sometimes 18 months- depends on the brand and how many times I've washed and dried it already.)



He had an his first (I hope his last!) ear infection. He cried and cried in the middle of the night from 10 pm to 3 am and couldn't be soothed. He refused to nurse (which really was a big clue that it was his ears) so I tried all my tricks to ease the pain: lavender essential oil, Tylenol, swaddling, unswaddling, and nothing worked. I just bounced and bounced him for hours and prayed. Every time I'd go to lay him down, he'd wake up again. The worst part is that John was in Belgium on a business trip. It was rough for both of us to go through that solo. I finally got him to sleep and we both slept huddled sideways on the bed the rest of the night, because I didn't dare move.



Likes to blow spit bubbles and has found his feet. Every time I change his diaper he seems delighted and surprised that his naked toes are within reach again.

I can't believe I've forgotten to write about this- when he's tired, he makes a low, whiny, grunting cry. It's like his own little expiration date alarm to say, "Hey people, I've had it!" He does it in the car seat or when I'm bouncing him before he falls asleep. It's so cute.

He's talking and babbling a lot and it's so fun to hear that his voice is similar to Charlie's.

He's getting interested in looking at (and gnawing on) books.



This month for the first time, he's started getting mad and crying if you take away something that he wants. He's also becoming pretty worried around strangers. Other than those two instances, he's very happy and pleasant and even-keeled. He's a good balance for Charlie at this age. :)




1 comment:

  1. You are amazing to go through that ear infection night alone! Good job super mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!