Friday, September 30, 2011

Charlie- 2.5 years

Charlie is so much fun these days. He's talking so much! He repeats pretty much anything we say, which is both hilarious and a reminder to watch what we are saying! The other day he ran up to me and threw his arms around me and said, "I love you, Mama." Then he gave me a half a dozen kisses all over. I'm one lucky lady.

He's adapted to our new home and loves to play in the backyard. We don't have a lot of toys out there yet but he's happy with rocks, sticks, pears and apples from the fruit trees, the hose (which he loves to spray in his face), and of course, the golf ball run that John set up for him in our dirt pit (formerly an in-ground trampoline).

He's been a very sweet big brother to George. He tells me when George is crying and sometimes says, "Mama, help George." So cute. The other day, George was crying and Charlie brought over "geen bee" aka his beloved green blankie and gave it to George. It was so darling that he would share his lovey with his brother to make him feel better!

He's still pretty rough and tumble, though, so I'm very cautious about leaving George and Charlie in the same room together unattended, even if just for a moment. :)

Cuddling with dad after a hard day

Charlie loves lounging inside my nursing pillow

Just after he squirted himself in the face with the hose- he loves it!

Charlie and his beloved green blankie

Making mud puddles at Grandma and Grandpa S's house

George hanging out and Charlie playing with his new puzzles

playing with stickers


Hanging out in Grandma and Grandpa T's backyard (photo by my brother-in-law Sam)

photo by Sam
Showing off Daddy's shoes and his "rainbow sock" (which is really a baby leg warmer)

playing in the dirt pit with Daddy

my handsome, happy boy playing hide-and-seek in the trees

Can you spot the toddler?

Charlie loves to vacuum with the ShopVac

just chillin' with Mom's shades

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!