Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cabin "camping"

We headed to John's family cabin for an outing with my family while we were all in town this summer. We loved being together in the beautiful mountains!! We walked, threw rocks, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, played board games, went on the swing, and hiked around Silver Lake. It was so fun and we didn't let the rain damper our spirits. 
Memorable moments: 
-The fire that was burning blue and green
-My mom sitting out in the rain under an umbrella tending the fire so our hot dogs would cook
-Poor Lily falling out of the top bunk in the middle of the night
-The all-night parade of sleepless family members throughout the cabin in the middle of the night
 (no one slept well, but everyone was a good sport about it!)
-Kerry taking Charlie out to play- mostly they found rocks to throw. When Charlie would find a big one that he couldn't lift, he would say, "Kerry, big rock throw!" and she would happily comply. (Weeks later when I mentioned Kerry, he told me about throwing big rocks with her). 

I love my family and this beautiful world we live in!












1 comment:

  1. Barb, how are you adjusting? I can't believe there hasn't been a baby post, or did I miss it? I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!