Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm it!

Catherine tagged me to list six of my quirks.

1. Even though my house is always often messy, I 9 times out of 10 can find whatever I am (or John is) looking for. (Except for right now, because we're painting in the living room, so that entire room's contents (65% of our belongings) are crammed into the bedroom and kitchen.)

2. I have worked in politics for the last 2 1/2 years, but I'm actually not a very political, policy-wonk kind of person.

3. I am OBSESSED with baby names and have been making baby name lists for years. Now that I'm actually expecting, though, I'm feeling some huge baby naming anxiety.

4. I must go to the bathroom RIGHT before I'm ready to go to sleep. It must be the absolute last thing I do. I can't use the bathroom then read scriptures then talk awhile without feeling like I have to go again! This compulsion has gotten even more annoying now that I have pregnancy bladder and I have to pee every 20 minutes!!

5. I hate having voice mail. The little icon on my phone drives me nuts. (I also hate having unread email.) When I know I missed a call, I listen to the message as soon as possible. Johnny also hates having voice mail, but his solution is to not listen to his messages until his mailbox is full. :)

6. I can't think of a sixth thing, although I'm sure I'm quirky enough to have many more to list!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! It scares me to try to think of some of mine. But I totally get the bathroom thing... just wait until post-baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:23 PM

    I hear ya on the baby naming anxiety. I was totally anxious (but that might have to do with the fact that I had known for a few years what was in store for me if we had a boy) Just wait 'til it's time to register. Somewhere between pacifiers and receiving blankets you will have a panic attack right in the middle of the aisle at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for the comment! I know you were much better then me though. Congratulations on your pregnancy, that is so exciting. Pretty crazy about your parents but lucky to have a house to live in. I don't know how I would handle it either, I guess just time. I am the same with knowing where everything is...it is kind of quirky huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:53 PM

    CONGRATS! Am so excited for you!!! I hope you start feeling better soon. Also, sorry you will not get to see your dad for so long. :( I will pray that he is safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!