Monday, August 11, 2008

Staycation

Mark, Chelsea, John and I treated ourselves to a "staycation" this weekend. We decided to leave the heat of Salt Lake and head up to Park City for some cool mountain air. First stop, the Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster. We hit the slide first. Mark was saying that it doesn't seem as fast as it did when we were little kids, but it was still fun. Then we tried the coaster. It did not disappoint! It's similar to a roller coaster, but you ride on an individual "coasterbob". These bobsleds are similar to the sled you use on the slide, except they're attached to the rails, which they needs to be, because you really go whipping around those corners!! You can control your speed, just like on the slide, and although I tried my hardest to be brave, I still had to use the brakes a few times. The coaster can get up to 35 mph! We ate lunch at Main Street Pizza and Noodle, spotted a few sweet cars, then headed to the outlets (where I was too busy shopping to take pictures). It was a great day!!






6 comments:

  1. SO FUN!!! JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:32 PM

    How fun, I love it! And sure, the slide seems like it is slower now, but I swear those sleds are still just as heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Alpine Coaster is a blast. Jessica and I went on it soon after we were married. If our newlywed finances had been a little more above the poverty line we would have done it a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so fun!! You'll have to tell me more about it when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so fun! I LOVE Park City!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know they had an Alpine Coaster! Just shows I've probably been away for far too long. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!