Monday, August 04, 2008

Vote Smarter


(photo source)


Because I have a background in politics, I am often asked who I am supporting for president. Truthfully, I am still undecided. It is difficult for me (and I presume, many of you) to wade through all the advertising propaganda to find the truth about what each candidate really stands for. KCPW had an article this weekend highlighting Project Vote Smart, a website devoted to being a "voter's self-defense system" against the hype.

Project Vote Smart has compiled candidate's responses to surveys, voting records, public statements, campaign financial disclosures, and special interest group ratings into one easy-to-read website. They also provide this information for each state's candidates for governor, legislature, and Congress. There really is no excuse for not researching which candidate should earn your vote!!

2 comments:

  1. interesting website. thanks for the info.

    PS- I am so impressed with you Barb! You are always reading so many books, are involved in the community and politics. You are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi this is April, Cat's friend... anyway just wanted to say hi, I look at your blog often so I thought I would make it offical :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!