Sunday, August 24, 2008

Gratitude... emphasis on the 'tude

I start school tomorrow.

Boo. Yuck.

I will be in class all day and studying all night, forced to go to bed early and get up early, and unable to leisurely approach each day in my pajamas.

Ugh. Blech.

I am SO OVER school and just WANT TO BE DONE ALREADY.

However, instead of feeling sorry for myself and generally having a BAD ATTITUDE, I am focusing on the blessing that receiving a college education is and that I am in a position to even go to school at all. I mean, how ungrateful would I be if I just completely took it for granted and gave into the WHINER inside of me.

(Plus, I am totally aware of the fact that its my OWN DARN FAULT that I am, at age 25 and 3/4, still slogging through my bachelor's degree.)

So, here's to school starting tomorrow!! I don't feel ready, prepared or even excited, but this is my opportunity to rise above my nature and SUCK IT UP.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:11 AM

    Way to go Barbie! Just remember you are not alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this semester! At least you're getting close to being done, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it make me sound totally lame if I say that I think I actually miss going to school?? Okay, not the tests or the studying, but I miss have to think about things intellectually (or at least try to) and of course, I miss the social part too!
    Here's to thinking the grass can alway be greener on the other side!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!