Friday, April 04, 2008

I *do* have friends!

I've been spending my (ample) free time meeting up with good friends. Wednesday, I visited Emily for lunch at the Capitol. She's the Speaker of the House's assistant and is one of the very few employed year-round at the House of Representatives. We ate lunch together every day while the legislature was in session and became great friends. The Capitol was a stark contrast to what I was used to- where are the dozens of lobbyist puppy-guarding the entrance to the House (their laptops perched precariously on their knees)? Where were all the green-coat wearing Sergeant-at-Arms (retired police officers who handle security for the legislature)? Where were the interns, pages, and staff? It was very quiet except for the tour of fifth-graders in the rotunda and it freaked me out! This is me and Emily the last night of the session.



Also on Wednesday, I headed over to Dana's house to hear all about her beautiful and exotic Hawaiian wedding! She and I became friends while working on the Dave Buhler campaign. She showed me some of her gorgeous wedding pictures (and these are just the snapshots!) What a great idea, I almost wish I had done it- she and Ben married in the Laie temple, had a wedding dinner at Turtle Bay resort on O'ahu with 45 family members and friends, then honeymooned on Kaua'i. What a dream! (I totally swiped this picture off of Facebook... here's Dana with her sisters and sisters-in-law).


And here we are on Election night (lookin' pretty good, I think, considering the all-nighter we had pulled.)

Yesterday, I met up with Casey (you know, from Moosh in Indy?) She and I used to form elaborate pet shows for the neighborhood animals when we were tykes and recently reconnected through blogging. She's a super funny blogger, patient law school wife, excellent mama, and quite the baker. She also thinks John and I are sickening newlyweds. She's in town for a while, so she and I took the Moosh to Ikea for some good times. It wasn't quite the same good times we had last time she was in town, but it was still fun. It's always fun to hang with Casey and the Moosh, especially when you add in some affordable Swedish design and lunch from the cafeteria! I stupidly didn't take any pictures of our girls-day-out, but here's a cute one of the Moosh and Johnny from when we saw them last at Christmas.



It's fun to catch up with friends... what have you been up to lately?

9 comments:

  1. sounds like you've been having a great time! Hi, Michele sent me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the moosh needs her johnny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb! It's so great to hear from you! Yep, we're definitely relieved that we'll probably get to go to med school together. It's not official yet 'cause we're still waiting for the Army to sign the paperwork to release Mike, but hopefully it will work out. I'm psyched to be moving back to Boston! Anyway, it looks like you've been having some exciting adventures lately! We'll definitely have to get together again when I'm back in SLC... it's always so nice catching up with you and John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could have added seeing "run fatboy run" with the jacobsens to the list...but we never heard back :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to meet anyone with more friends than you and John. You know everyone, and everybody loves you! I am glad to hear that you are tapping....if you need a place to practice let me know! Love you! Sorry for Scott's slightly cutting remark, it just his way of saying "we like you and missed you at the movie last night!" He cried himself to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott is in trouble, I don't know when he put this picture of me up! I burst out laughing when hit the "publish your comment" button!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Yay for catching up! When I come in town this June you will have to update this post :) Maybe it will include tamales and chocolate milk...

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on winning Pioneer Woman's photo contest! That was a funny entry.

    I've been reading Moosh In Indy's blog a lot lately, how funny y'all know each other! It's a small world...or a small blogosphere.

    It's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Dana. I love you too. So it only makes sense that you two love eachother as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!