Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley


President Hinckley, our beloved prophet, passed away at 7 p.m. this evening. I am so saddened by this news and know that millions will mourn his passing. His last public appearance was at the Utah State Capitol Re-Dedication, on January 4th, 2008, where he offered the dedicatory prayer. I was blessed to be there on that day to hear our venerable prophet with my own ears and see him with my own eyes. It is a moment I will never forget and treasure always. He was prophet and president of the church for the majority of my life and I will cherish him in my heart as "my" prophet forever.

2 comments:

  1. This news is so sad and yet I am so happy for him. I'm excited he is with his wife once again but he will be terribly missed here on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way, too--that he was "my prophet." I keep wondering if I will ever feel that way again about another prophet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!