Monday, January 14, 2008

New job

I've started my new job and it's already pretty exciting. My official title is Media Relations Coordinator for the Utah House of Representatives Majority Caucus. Whew.

I have an ID badge that gives me access to all sorts of cool, secure rooms in the Capitol. My favorite so far? The kitchen with the built in fountain drink machine. Yay! I'm in a very nice, HUGE office that is really meant for two people but for now, it's just me. My office is on the fourth floor of the Capitol and overlooks downtown Salt Lake City. There are tours of legislative interns roaming the halls, getting acclimated to their new surroundings. Every now and then, I'll see a Representative or Senator. Mostly, though, everywhere I look are workmen and painters trying to finish the last minute "punch list" items. The Capitol is beautifully restored, but it's a huge space with such minute detail everywhere, so often I'll see shiny, dark wood, built-in cabinets... with no hardware to open them or blue tape on the walls marking where the paint needs to be touched up. Oh well- six more days until the Legislative Session starts- hopefully it will all be ready by then!!

9 comments:

  1. Yahoo! New job with awesome perks! I love when that happens! I hope it gets even better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Hooray for Barbie!! I really hope you get a chance to meet the people in the Purchasing Dept. I worked with a lot of them through my job at RFP Depot and they are all AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb...that is great!! So, what is your new job title?? And what a perk to have a huge office with a great view!! So excited for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the Media Relations Coordinator for the Utah House of Representatives Majority Caucus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound VERY important! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb! Sounds like you have an awesome job! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:34 PM

    A built-in fountain drink machine? YOU should be paying THEM to work there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:35 PM

    I mean---darn it. Not that you should be paying them for them to work there, but that YOU--if you follow me--should be paying THEM for the privilege of working there. DANG.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!