Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bambino #3 is a .... GIRL!

So, really it's a bambina! It's so surreal still! I would have been so happy for a boy, too. A little pack of three boys running around together is pretty sweet. But to have a girl is it's own kind of wonderful. A chance to experience a different gender, the special feeling of having a daughter- it's all so different and fun. We are very surprised! We're so in the boy zone with Charlie and George- we have *boy toys, we are rough and tumble and in the mud- to consider that we'd have a girl was preposterous!

(Feminist/humanist tangent: I almost hate to think of "boy toys" and "girl toys" but since having children, I have observed how kids just come the way they come and many baby boys are into trucks and balls and many baby girls are into baby dolls and dress ups. I gave Charlie a baby doll and a stroller when he was just barely walking and he would take the baby out of the stroller, throw it on the ground, and put all his trucks in the stroller and push it around. I know I'm in for a different experience with a girl!)

Calling the baby "she" still makes me smile. Charlie (and everyone else) thought the baby was a girl all along, I guess we should have listened! I love finding out the gender of the baby halfway through because I feel like it helps me bond with the baby better. If we ever have a fourth (haha!), I could consider not finding out now that I'll have both boys and a girl (!)

I felt like waiting to announce this pregnancy on social media until I knew the gender, so for many of our friends and family, this was their first time hearing about the baby. Everyone was so happy for us and excited that we'll have two boys and now a girl- over 250 "likes" and 82 comments on my post on Facebook. Reading all the comments as they came in the other day was so much fun and the reason why I like staying connected in that way. (I just have to put this in here for posterity's sake- who knows what technology will be like for my kids one day! Will this seem so old fashioned and quaint? I have no idea, but it makes me laugh a little bit.)

baby girl at 19 weeks gestation

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!