Monday, August 19, 2013

Cabin adventures- August 2013

The day after we moved my parents out, the kids and I joined the Thorntons at the cabin. It was a nice break, although not really relaxing. ;) Being in the gorgeous mountains and letting the boys explore was soul-restoring for sure. John was at work and didn't join us until dinner. I was so grateful for my wonderful in-laws who all chipped in to help me with the boys. We hiked around Silver Lake (thank goodness for Javier (Anne's boyfriend) and his strong muscles- he carried George in the backpack for me). We visited the stream. We played with balls, checkers, cousins and dirt. We attempted to catch squirrels. Grandpa took Charlie on the zip line (mom wasn't brave enough!) we played with the new rockets Grandma brought and then retrieved them from tree branches again and again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!