Friday, June 04, 2010

One more note about CBC

I was telling Chelsea, my sister-in-law, about the Casual Blogger Conference and I was able to distill what I gained from it into three points. (It was a rare moment of clarity in my chaotic mind).

-I gained confidence to own the title "blogger" and to mingle with my cohorts in a conference setting. I thought I would be more nervous, but I wasn't. I just had fun. (It helped that I had my security blanket, Casey, with me).

-I gained an understanding of where I am in life. I missed my family. I want and need to be home with them full time. I received such a strong affirmation that this is the season of my life to be a mother and to give my attention to that. I will still continue blogging as a hobby, but I'm not going to try to turn it into more than that right now. I have enough other things taking my time and attention away for now (hello, 11 hours of school).

-That being said, I gained the realization that I need to find my voice and my niche (what am I an authority on?) in the blogging world. I have some time to develop this (see previous point) but I still want to refine myself as a blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Awww.

    Look at you growing up.

    *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The conference looked great!! Hope your well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!