Monday, December 07, 2009

Moms are the best inventors

When I found out I was pregnant I wanted to have the best, most innovative, most practical, well, let's face it, the coolest, baby gear on the market for my baby. John and I are total gear hounds- we love gadgetry and stuff- so of course, our baby needed to have a lot of stuff, too! We found lots of great stuff (the Moby wrap! the SwaddleMe! the Co-Sleeper!) that we have loved and used! The one thing that was missing was a great baby bath tub. For Charlie's first bath at home, we had Grandma Sue come help out and successfully turned the kitchen sink into a bathing receptacle! One week later, I still hadn't attempted bathing him in the sink on my own, so Grandma came and bathed him again for me. I just didn't feel confident that I could wrangle a slippery baby by myself. I only actually bathed Charlie by myself a few times while he was a newborn.

He eventually grew too big for the sink and we graduated to the bath tub. There I placed him into the traditional hard plastic baby tub. He was miserable. He couldn't move freely, his toes were jabbed against the hard plastic edges, and he was cold. We ditched the tub and used a towel on the bath tub floor instead. He loved it, but I hated having to wring out a soaking wet towel every time and my back would hurt from leaning over him. I ended up ditching the bath entirely and now Charlie just showers with us.

Recently, I saw a new kind of baby bath tub invented by a mom of three called the Puj tub. She had a similar experience bathing her babies in the bathroom sink and figured out a solution to the hard plastic bathtub problem. It's brilliant! I wanted one immediately to add to my baby gear collection even though Charlie is now too big. Luckily for me, I was *chosen to be a product tester/reviewer so Puj sent me a tub for free. Even without the swag factor, I would have spent the money to buy one for my next baby. It costs $39.99 which is the same price as some of the higher end hard plastic tubs I saw at Babies'R'Us. It's pretty incredible.

I borrowed a (littler) baby (thanks, Lindsey!) to try it out for myself. Baby Layla was cradled perfectly in the Puj tub in my bathroom sink. The material is kind of like foam rubber so it's soft and warm. The tub comes as one, flat piece (so you can hang it on the back of the bathroom door) that folds into the tub shape and is held in place by magnets. Like I said, brilliant!

Layla loves it!


Even if you aren't a stuff-collector like me you can appreciate the beauty of a well-designed product!

Check out the Puj Tub for yourself at the new web site exclusively for baby bath tubs. (There's a video of the tub in action, too.)

*I was not compensated for this review other than receiving the product for free and it's my honest opinion. I really like this tub.

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you only use it in a sink or can you use it in a bathtub too?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!