Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Contest winners!



Hmm, who guessed best?

Remember the baby guessing contest? Well, the baby is almost a month old, so I thought I should post the winners. As I was going through all the guesses, I realized I had two ways I could go- the Price is Right method (as in, who was the closest without going over) or the closest to the actual birth time/date/weight/etc. method. John told me that the Price is Right method would be weird, so I decided to go with the closest guess (and I paired the time/date together).

So, based on that method, Swistle was the closest guesser- she guessed March 24th at 11:11 p.m. which was only 4 hours away from his actual birth of March 25th at 3:03 a.m. For information's sake, the next closest person was Chelsea (13 hours away) and coming up in third place was Brynn (14 hours away).

Brynn was the only person to guess his length (22 inches at the hospital, which was later amended to 21 at the pediatrician's office).

Blueberry
was closest to guessing his weight- he weighed 8 lbs 14 oz and she guessed 8 lbs 9 oz (and she guessed the correct birth day!)

As for the name, the only people to guess correctly were Cameron and Lyndsay (who also have a Charles Richard aka Charlie!).


So, Brynn, Lyndsay, Blueberry, and Swistle- email me your addresses (getupandplayblog at gmail dot com) so I can send you a prize!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay yay! Emailing you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeee! he's gorgeous!! and he was born on my son's first birthday. yay!!

    i'm emailing you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I only want a prize if you have the time to do it. I know how crazy life can be with a newborn. He is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! that is too funny! i am with brynn... only if you have time. but i will email you my address because it is a new one and i want you to have it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!