Monday, November 17, 2008

Birthday Girl, once again

Well, my 26th birthday was full of fun and lasted for many days (in the true Barbarakah tradition) this year. However, the excitement of finding out that we're having a BOY the day before my bday overshadowed the birthday celebrations and I'm just fine with that. Birthdays become less of a big deal the more I age and I'm excited to have a little one in our family to lavish attention on instead!

My in-laws threw a lovely birthday dinner for me and Sam (the other November baby) on November 2nd. (They also took me and Johnny out for a double date last night.) I received lots of love and good wishes and birthday gifts and cards from my loving second family and John took that opportunity to really spoil me with his gifts. He bought me some new pillows to help with the crazy sleep configurations I attempt at night now that belly sleeping is no longer an option. And then, he completely floored me with a new iPod touch! Wha??? I love it (of course) but mostly I just loved that he worked hard to surprise me!


On my actual birthday (Friday) I received delicious treats and fun gifts on my doorstep, as well as numerous calls, texts and emails wishing me a great day! I love technology! John and I went out on a date that night just the two of us and I was still on cloud 9 after seeing our little guy on our ultrasound. I hardly talked about anything else!



The next night (Saturday), my pals took me and John out for dinner at MacCool's, an Irish pub nearby. Andrea, Susie, Brent and Evelyn made sure that I was remembered, which I loved. More than anything, I just like hanging out and talking and catching up!


Then on Sunday, my family had a big meal where I was again showered with gifts and love. I feel so spoiled this year! I think part of that feeling comes from actually being relaxed on my birthday, instead of spending every day up to it campaigning!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Barb! Don't you just love birthday weeks? We are getting old! Lets do something fun and outrageous to feel youthful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Barb! I bet you are so excited about having a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. . .you really know how to celebrate! By the way, I totally copied your pregnancy countdown thingamabobber--hope that's okay? Glad you had so much fun on your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Props to JohhnyT for surprising you. I will definitely be celebrating Marenakah this year (I usually celebrate for a week, but now I have something official to call it.) Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You just look so cute and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes look amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday barb! Congratz on finding out that you are having a boy! how exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!