Friday, September 12, 2008

Rest in Peace, Grandpa Bailey




John's grandpa passed away two weeks ago, but with all the craziness of John's appendicitis, I'm just now getting to writing a post about this incredible man.

Loile Julius Bailey was always a gentle, sweet man, even when his mind was slipping away towards the end of his life. I felt close to him, even though I have only known him for a few years, and I thought of him as my Grandpa, too. Now that he has passed away, John and I no longer have any living grandparents. It was so special to be with all of Grandma and Grandpa Bailey's children and grandchildren to celebrate his life and his legacy. President Eyring came to the funeral (his brother is married to John's aunt) and spoke wonderfully comforting words about life after this one, where Grandma and Grandpa are enjoying a happy reunion.

One of the most touching moments of the whole day was watching all the grandsons serve as pallbearers.


2 comments:

  1. I grew up in his ward, he was a sweet man, with a great voice! I never met his second wife, but I remember Anna, I am glad that they are together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell John we are so sorry. We love grampas, and know how wonderful they are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!